Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Crop Top

I've never been a huge fan of crop tops. I thought they weren't really for me. but recently I stepped foot in my local H&M and fell madly in love with this: 

  

I saw it. I needed it. So I bought it without really thinking much about how I was planning on wearing it. That would come later, right then, I needed it. 

I'm not the tiniest girl, so I wasn't entirely sure about letting my tummy show. So this post is for the girls who love the crop top look, but don't know how to wear it. Below are a few versions of the crop top for different body types and confidence levels. 


Crop Top Look #1: Boho Butterfly

With a long shirt underneath the crop top, you avoid showing your tummy if you're not comfortable with it. I love this look! It also showcases a nice rusty orange that you might not usually wear.
On a side note: I also love those shoes from Spring, they're on sale now and you can wear them a million ways! I own them and love them, super comfy!


Crop Top Look #2: She's a Lovely Girl
Another version of a crop top outfit if you're not comfortable with showing your belly. By wearing a high cut skirt, you cover up that little bit of skin. This is a bit more of a day-to-day wear, with a girly flare.


Crop Top Outfit #3: Rock n' Rolla
This one is a little more rock and roll. It's for those of you who don't mind showing a little skin. This would be great for a concert or dressy night out with the girls. I really dig it.

I hope these looks make you re-think crop tops no matter your size or shape! Next time you see one you like, give it a try, you just might have a new favourite item.


Rebekah Eden.

2 comments:

  1. I love those blingy shoes. If they didn't threaten my life, I'd be wearing them ALL DAY EVERY DAY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crop tops! I wear them all the time with high-waisted jeans and shorts! Great suggestions :-) xxoxooo

    ReplyDelete