Monday, May 23, 2011

Casting on to Summer Knits

I'm back from a short hiatus, and I thought that for a good first summer post I would cover something that I enjoy doing and wearing: knits and crochets! I'm not a very experienced knitter, even less so of a crocheter, but I enjoy what I can do. Most of all, I enjoy wearing knits. But the one thing about knitting is it has the connotation of being a winter weather choice. If you had asked me a year ago, I probably would've agreed with you. 

Although a lot of knitting is done with thick, comfortable wool yarn, there is cotton yarn that can be used to create pieces as well. Crochet is a little more summer friendly. Cotton yarn and crochet go great together and crochet has the chance to be breezy but fashionable. I decided that I would showcase a few outfits that have summer-friendly knit/crochet pieces in them. 


Playful Patterns


Daring & Dressy



























Knitty Gritty


So there are a few styles to inspire you to give summer knits a try! They are a great way to add some texture to an outfit without too much thought. There are many other ways to wear them so find a knit you love and introduce it to your wardrobe this summer!


Rebekah Eden.


1 comment:

  1. Love the ensembles, specifically the first one. I would totally, TOTALLY rock that. Nice post dahlin'!

    ReplyDelete